Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

craigslist frenzy

I tell ya what...There are times I look on craigslist and I don't see a single thing worth inquiring about.  Today was a rainstorm of good items.  All of which have been posted for over a month.  Has it really been that long since I searched or did I just miss these goodies previous times?


I've been hunting for a buffet or hutch for the dining room.  I've seen several blog posts that give details about buying something that looks like this...


And turning it in to something that looks like this...

 Via: Domino

Or this something that looks like that....

Via: Windsor Smith

While I do love a good mirror reflection of myself, I'm not so sure that putting mirrors in this piece would be the best investment. Instead of mirror, I think it would be cool to put silver leaf or gold leaf (as I have recently picked up an interested in gold) on the inside of the doors so that the hutch wasn't see through  but still would be reflective from the outside. 

So basically, it would look like the door on the left...

Via: Windsor Smith


While I like this idea a lot and think it would be really cool to work on a piece of furniture like this I'm also more inclined to go for something like this, which was my original idea...

Via: Matthew Izzo/Worlds Away

Which piece would you pick?  Something refurbished or something new and slick? Either option would be amazing, one requires going to pick it up at the store, the other requires a little, okay a lot of elbow grease.



2 comments:

  1. Can't inhale the fumes, so I'd go for new, but getting something old and putting your own twist on it is much more fun. Who do you get to do your grunt work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i finished a project a few months ago that is basically this exact treatment. need to post it! i can totally help you with this undertaking, should you decide to do it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...