Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

It could be...



I have been thinking about the various options for recovering this sofa and painting the legs, as they're rather scuffed up.  Today while reading on my blog list I gained a twinkle in my eye for this sofa upholstery when I caught a glimpse of this...

viahere

Yes, while the Kate Spade logo is quite fine...take a look at that sofa in the background...huh, huuh, huuuh? that looks a little familiar doesn't it? I don't believe that is a queen anne but that's still light blue fabric! Perhaps it's something worth  keeping? I wonder what the legs look like.

In other news...

This is one of the first pieces of furniture I acquired when I moved into my first apartment in college.  My parents bought it at an antique store and it landed in my apartment.  That's all I really know. It served for many years as a desk chair, and for the past 3 years has been the chair I use to sit in while teaching piano lessons.  In short, this puppy gets used A LOT. 
I've been thinking about painting it, and while I don't trust my own hand to do this chair justice, I would still like to see it styled to fit the decor of the rest of the room as it remains out most of the time.  


Today also while blog reading I found this link via 10rooms and thought it an interesting option for my chair. 


I like the white and blue.  Perhaps I would use white and red or hot pink, or if I wanted to go super "out there" I'd use red and gold.  Wouldn't that be sassy!

AND in a completely different context...

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to all.  I drove down past the Lorraine today.  While passing by I saw the longest line I've ever seen (EVER) waiting to pay homage to Dr. King and tour the Civil  Rights Museum.  What an experience to be in that place on this day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...