Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fabric has arrived.

Last Thursday I went out on a limb and ordered 15 years of fabric, sight unseen. Totally scary. It arrived yesterday morning bright and early (an unnecessary doorbell ding-dong after a late night party). And there it was.  All 15 yards rolled up and crammed into a box that is longer than I am tall. I tore into the box with the enthusiasm of a child on Christmas morning....come on, total suspense! 




When I purchased this fabric last week I had it in mind that it would go on a camel back sofa al la Kate Skate or something like this:

(via: Furbish Studio)

Yesterday I was searching craigslist for a camel back which has become a weekly endeavor. And yesterday I found the dreamiest dreamboat of camel back sofas.  Love the legs, great fabric (well good enough that I don't need it recovered for it to come sit in my house). And at a price that I can live with. 


So the question now stands at: If this fabric is in as good condition as it looks to be, do I really need to recover it? It's kind of cool. And if that's the case, what do I do with the new fabric? Send it back or keep it (because it was such a great price).  Last evening I actually started having visions of curtain panels.  Wouldn't that be fun? With 15 yards, the options are endless! 

Thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...