Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

O (Say Can you see) Canada-A patriotic week!

I've been away from posts for a while.
Have you wondered where I have been?
Here's the scoop.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

June 30-July 5, 2011
Memphis Chamber Choir/Memphis Boychoir Tour to Washington D.C.
Canadian Embassy-Canada Day July 1
Washington National Cathedral (Episcopal)-Evensong July 1
Basilica of the National Shrine (Catholic)- Recital July2
Singapore Embassy-Recital July 2

Memphis Chamber Choir/Boychoir at Washington National Cathedral
Evensong: July 1, 2011 5:30pm
My precious husband/Artistic Director is on the top row, right. 
I am below him, second to top row on the right. 

We took two coach buses to DC.  That's over 18 hours of bus ride, one way. 
Thank goodness these buses have improved over the years!

Dr. Ward with the Memphis Boychoir at Washington 
National Cathedral (Episcopal) on Friday, July 1, 2011

With my Canadian husband (and former Canadian Military Man) after
 the Canada Day Celebration at the Canadian Embassy in Washington DC - July 1, 2011

A little trip to Kate Spade was in order. 
Thank goodness they were having a sale. 

After multiple stops at Dean and Deluca, I bought some yellow nail polish. 

All the rage, and yes Georgetown has joined the parade. 
So totally cute. My friends say that I have the ability to sniff out Dean and Deluca and cupcakes.
Mission accomplished in DC!

Hello! This is what I wore under my robe to National Cathedral. 
I just know that you (along with my Mother) were all dying to see what I wore! 

Out at George and Martha's for 4th of July.
Somewhat disappointing.  Their home decor wasn't all that and a bag of chips. 
I have to remind myself that textiles just weren't the same 300 years ago! (ha)

The hubs and I at Mt. Vernon on 4th of July.
Yes, it was hotter than hot. 

...because I know you are secretly hoping for a close up of my hat. 
I found it necessary to double up on my shades this particular day. 
When has 2 of anything ever hurt? 

Because it's the nation's capital, they did throw a rocking birthday party!
We watched the fireworks under the Washington monument.  
Talk about 5D! Happy Birthday America!



What a fabulous trip!  Even though the bus trip was approximately 18 hours 1 way (that's 2 seasons of Rachel Zoe project, a box load of wasabi pea trail mix, multiple magazines, etc)...this trip was simply amazing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...