Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Move it around-Shake the dust off.

Yesterday afternoon, in between blog posts, I moved the furniture around.  It was a good opportunity to shake the dust off the top and get the dust bunnies sucked up from the bottom.  It takes a furniture move for me to get that sort of house cleaning done. This is not to say that I don't like to clean.  What this says is that I like to move my furniture around.

When I purchase furniture, if I can't think of at least 3 places it can be in my house, I don't buy it.  This is a rule I've had to impose upon myself since I work for a furniture company.

I started off working on the console table.  Since we don't have an entry way, this is a very important piece for me to have visible and clear of rubbish.  I started off by moving my newly revamped X-Stool back underneath the console. It has been in the sun room with the matching brown velvet and gold leaf chair.


We are still celebrating Canada Day. 
Hence the mound of Canadian flags.

Then I decided that since I only have one lamp on the table at current point, I would try it in the center of the console.  It's worth a shot, right? 


I'm not yet sure about this look but I'm willing to give it a try.  I actually would like to have two matching lamps here again. So I moved it back to the side.   


Then I sat down for a bit to survey the scene.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I also brought the brown velvet chair back to the LR from the SR. They are still close by one another.  I didn't want any tears over separation after all!



While I sat down, I realized that I my white Louis chairs were scattered all over the place and I needed a new arrangement that didn't leave one, just one, of them displaced.  So up I got and decided to move our white slipcovered chairs from the LR to the SR.


In the place of the white slip covered chairs, I put the wing back chairs I bought on craigslist a month of so ago.  They had been at the head of the dining room table.  WOW, this created a lot of space.  The pair of white slip covered chairs are gigantic. 


This was when I started fooling with the curtains.  I posted about it yesterday.  Such a tough decision to make.  Today just before I started in with afternoon lessons, I decided to take down the yellow panel and put the black one back up.  Having 1 yellow panel up was not going to help me decide any faster. And in the meantime I didn't need to have mismatch. That's a no-no.


So back up went the other black curtain.  This is what I have at current moment.  Matching curtains and a dilemma on my hands.  Oy!

Not that it's the worst thing ever, and in the meantime, I do have a new layout in the LR and SR.  The white slip covered chairs are currently getting cleaned, so update on the layout in the SR to follow.

We are out to see Harry Potter.  Catch you later and have a good Sunday night peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the new layout! Btw, can imagine how much energy you spent for cleaning & reorganizing stuff - good, good girl :) Dust cleaning is pain in the ... but ok - for the love of clean we do it all :) Xoxo

    - Urska @
    Live.Create.Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. How GORGEOUS is your space?! Love it!!!
    x S

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...