Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Prince and his Princess.











These photos are so amazing.  This is THE wedding of our generation.  And as friends have said, there just isn't anything like this in the USA.  Singing the anthem and shooting off fireworks just is not the same.  The American "royal families" don't allow the public in in the way that the British do. For example, when Chelsea Clinton got married...how many photos were there...10-15? Not many and forget getting to see any part of the ceremony. Same goes with Jenna Bush.  I would have watched that.

As it were, I was up just in time to see Catherine Middleton get into Rolls Royce 1 along with her father for the drive to Westminster Abbey.  I stood like a fool, about 3 feet from a 50" tv taking pictures with my husbands iphone. (as though there would be no photos to see after it were over..) I wept like a baby, as a very good portion of their wedding music was music from the Dow-Ward wedding.  When she walked in to Perry's "I was glad" it very much so reminded me of our wedding...except we used Walton's "Antiphon".  Blah, blah, blah.

As the coverage progressed, I all the sudden shot up...completely forgetting that I did in fact have to join the work force that morning by going to work.

When I arrived to work I flipped on NPR hoping to catch a glimpse at any wedding activity during the day.  Every time NPR played the royal trumpet fanfare I sprung out of my seat like a jack in the box.

Needless to say, I'm completely enamored with this union, their nuptials, the fanfare and regalia.

Somebody may have to come pry me away from the television as BBC America and I have become one.

What a happy weekend, and in the words of Perry's anthem....I was glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...