Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

The art of the sno cone.

Jerry's Sno Cones in Memphis has quickly become one of my favorite Shelby County dives.  It is by foodie  definition a "dive".  Naturally, one of the aspects of it being a dive, is that it is  cheap, and absolutely delicious!  Over the past 2-3 weeks my Canadian husband (who loves anything that's related to snow) and I have become regulars.  We have tried out several flavors, and both have found one that we are hooked on.

The first time we went, Geoff had blue raspberry and I had wedding cake, the second time I was stuck on the wedding cake and Geoff tried watermelon.  The next time, we decided to go all out and made our cones a "supreme". At Jerry's this means that they add ice cream to your sno cone.  It's a 5 alarmer, yup it's amazing.  I don't know if I'll ever be the same.  So if you are skeptical, or if your mouth is watering...either way here's some visuals to go with your upcoming visit.  And yes, if you're in Memphis you must go.  If you're looking to plan a trip to Memphis, you must add this to your list!

The line up at Jerry's on a hot summer night looks like this.

Reminiscent of a drive in = family fun for all.


It's a cute dive...sometimes places are just dives, at least this one is cute!


The Canadian waiting at the pick up window.


Young Jerry's fans-there's nothing better than a stocking
 cap to go with your sno cone on a Saturday night. Yes, you too will
 want to eat yours with your hands, it is that good!



wedding cake and watermelon supreme



dreamsicle and watermelon supreme


Many satisfied customers.



I found out about Jerry's from my new gal pal, and native Memphian over at Living, Loving, Learning. So glad to know it is there, it's made my summer a bit more "cool".


Jerry's Sno Cones
1657 Wells Station Road
Memphis, TN 38108-2963

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...