Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Is there an "app" for that?


That's right, the word of the day is "apps", and I don't mean the kind you download on an iPhone. (Mine has a big crack in it by the way, sad day.) Today I finished filling out the 3000 word limit app for one of 7 jobs I am interested in. Naturally, I have an order of which I'm interested in said jobs, but let's just put it this way... I wouldn't take 3 hours of writing essays for a job I wasn't interested in...you dig?
I find today's job market to be a rather personal beast.  These questions employeers are asking are rather personal all the sudden.  In many ways I am so eager to have another job I am willing to bear all, but on the flip side I feel like I'm sending a lot of information out into the world knowing full well, I won't end up with all 7 jobs.
When I was teaching at Hickory Ridge Elementary School I heard the phrase, "you're not in Kansas anymore" on a daily basis.  For the last 7 weeks, I've heard "when God closes a door he opens a window" maybe more than the now dreaded Dorothy line.  At least that ship has sailed.  At this point I'm lamenting on, "there's no place like home".
Well...on with the day! Piano lessons with some true darlings, class tonight and life goes on.


P.S. I'm still thinking about living and sun room wall colors.  How do we feel about Benjamin Moore "shadow gray"..."thunder cloud gray"..."Sweet Innocence"...? I can't remember which is which now, but there is a light, a medium and a dark. Keep in mind we have floor to ceiling black curtains on 2 windows and a 6 plus feet of black grand piano in the room...I don't want to make it look like the Adams' family lives up in here!
















And on an unrelated note....As we "speak" there is a kitty laying in the flower bead outside Handsome's sun room...And he is just wild!
 "MEEEOOOOW, Get that rodent off my lawn."
Handsome is not as hospitable as his parents....Sorry folks my cat didn't come with the Southern charm app. He's an import after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...