Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

back on with a switch

Today the electricians came and waved a magic (electrical) wand and installed my beloved sconces that I purchased months ago.  The sconces to the left  <<<------ are the ones that came with the house.  They will go in the donation box to be loved by another.

Part of what took so long to get this project finished was the cost of the sconces.  The room has not 1, not 2, but 4 sconces.  Buying a decent scone is a task on it's own but then buying 4 of them, I mean "hello"....

I came upon these dandies earlier this year and snatched up  4 without even thinking of it.  I was not only (1) tired of not having this project done but (2) in love with these.  When you love them, do you really care as much about what it costs? (don't answer that)

Because the sconces are a different shape - the new sconces have an interesting "paint job" to go with them for the time being.  See the white triangle.  The other sconces were painted around...just as these will be. For the time being it looks like what could be interpreted as an art installation.  It's all on purpose right?

 Handsome was on hand earlier this week as prep work was done for the installation.  He always has to have a paw in things.


At the end of the day, another project checked off the list and another application finished and ready for consideration.



In addition to the my sconce project being done, today was particularly delightful because of my purchase of my first pieces of McCarty Pottery.  I can't believe I've lived here for 4 years and haven't seen it before.  This is for sure something I would have noticed, trust me.  Pottery really isn't my thang, but I love this. I noticed it a couple of days ago while reading another blog and went in mad persuit to find some to buy!  Thankfully, a post on facebook was quickly answered and I got into my little white car and drove like the very wind it's self to make the purchase.  Voila---my very own McCarty Pottery.  So...if you're looking for gifts folks...this is my new suggestion (for others naturally :)...oh happy day.

2 comments:

  1. love the sconces! i also love the console table you're questioning. you must frequent one of my faves, worlds away/apart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you discovered McCarty Pottery! I have 2 pieces (shell bowl and a plate) and would LOVE to have more. They are so beautiful and one-of-a-kind.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...