Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

#dwh2

I started a new hash-tag on Instagram last Wednesday. #dwh2 - That stands for Dow Ward House 2. I started to type it all out, but then I realized that isn't something that I want to type on a regular basis.
What this means is that as of next week, we will no longer live in #dwh1. (That hash-tag doesn't exist yet.)

As I shared in one of my most previous posts, we had some news to share (again, NO BABY).
This is item number one. I am not going to overload posts, so this will do for now.

When we moved into our current house, every single element of the house was in pristine shape, finished/updated/complete. We didn't have to do a single thing.  In searching for the new house, we selected one that needed some updating, but could stand to sit for a while as is. We have been looking for approximately 2 years and had mostly looked in Midtown Memphis, where we currently live. About 3-4 weeks ago, we found a house that is not in that neighborhood, but that we both went "Ga-Ga" over. Alas, we're moving to East Memphis just blocks away from my beloved St. Mary's Episcopal School. (I think Geoffrey thinks I'm going to walk to school next year...I'll consider it.)

While I'm naturally not going to reveal the exact address, I will share with you some photos.

laundry room


 Butler's pantry


 Master bedroom


 Entry


 Living room

 Living room (another view)

 Dining room (glass wall out to the indoor pool)

 Kitchen (looks much better in person)

 More hip...Less scary

 Breakfast room 

My pink bathroom (master bath #1)


This past weekend, we spent practically every waking minute running car loads of the random things over to the house. We took all of our clothes, and bedding, most of the kitchen, all the stem wear, etc. Things that are breakable and have many pieces, etc. The piano movers come tomorrow, and the furniture movers are coming on Thursday.  

I'm so excited to get all of the pieces put together in the house. Right now, there are lamps in one room, artwork in another, kitchen unpacked and in it's place, clothes where they go in their proper closets, etc. More fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...