Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

What's your name again?

After 6 years of marriage, I am willing to make a bit more of a "transition" into being called Mrs. Ward. As in just now...6 years later!  Sheesh!

It's nothing to do with my darling husband's last name...In fact I'm so thankful that it is Ward and not something, WEIRD. I have a few friends who have married guys with names that they themselves file under "WEIRD" and thusly do not take the name.  Yikes.

Now back to me and my not so weird married last name...As I was saying I'm just now warming up to the idea of fully being Hilary Ward. At School (undergrad) we got married during my last year, so I was still Dow to many of my classmates because I had come to school being Hilary Dow.  This past degree after moving to Memphis (seminary), I was Hilary Dow-Ward, and in my most previous job I too was Hilary Dow-Ward.  In my current job, because it is difficult for little kids to say two names, I threw in the towel and said my name was Mrs. Ward.  It was like vinegar. And honestly, for a while I didn't know who folks were talking about or referring to when they would shout out "Mrs. Ward"....Whoops, oh yeah...that's me! (delayed response...sort of funny)

As I'm beginning another degree program, I enrolled under Hilary Ward. The very worst part of this whole situation is that I've gone from being at the front of the roll call to being the last! And as I'm tying this I'm laying hysterically because for some reason that seems like such a big adjustment. But I suppose if that's the very worst thing...I'll learn to deal.

Today I was reading Dream Book Design and found that she had some interesting questions listed about herself. If you follow her link, you will see that she shared these questions from yet another blogger.  It's fun how things get "blogged around". I thought it would be fun to answer them about myself.  So...here they are!


A. age :: twenty. eight and 3/4ths

B. bed size :: king.

C. chore you hate :: folding laundry

D. dogs :: NO DOGS...just sweet Handsome the CAT

E. essential start to your day :: brushing my teeth and washing my face. 
We refer to it as "brush and wash" at our house. 

F. favorite color :: Black and/or White It will never go out of style, 
nor have I ever felt regret from any clothes I've worn in these colors. 

G. gold or silver :: depends, is it on jewelry or home decor? 

H. height :: five.feet.nine 

I. instruments you play :: piano, singing, played saxophone and viola until I went to college.


J. job title :: life long student, music teacher, Mrs. Ward, and Handsome's Mom. 

K. kids :: none...as in...NONE

L. live :: Memphis, Tn, originally from Eureka, Kansas

M. maiden name :: DOW, sniffle I miss it. Do you think I could get folks to call 
me Hilary Dow as my first name? I'm in the South, isn't it okay to have two first names? 

N. nicknames :: None of your beeswax!

O. overnight hospital stays :: NONE and hope to keep it that way. 


P. pet peeve :: trash/junk, laziness, excuses

Q. quote ::
 
 
At the center of the universe is a loving heart that continues to beat and that wants the best for every person.  Anything we can do to help foster the intellect and spirit and emotional growth of our fellow human beings, that is our job.  Those of us who have this particular vision must continue against all odds. Life is for service.
mister rogers neighborhood - fred rogers - 1928-2003 

R. righty or lefty :: right

S. siblings :: one older brother, Patrick

T. time you wake up :: Usually around 6:45am

U. university attended :: University of Kansas, Memphis Theological Seminary, Union University


V. vegetables you dislike: jalapenos, rhubarb

W. what makes you run late :: Not getting up when the alarm goes off (the first-third times)

X. x-rays you’ve had :: hmm, I don't think I've had any. 

Y. yummy food :: French Cuisine. Steak Frites, French Onion Soup, Risotto

Z. zoo animal favorite :: The CATS, any of them, they're all precious



Well kids, I'm headed to choir. Where I will happily greet my folder that says, Hilary Ward.  
As in the Hilary Ward who is now at the end of the line. (ha)


More soon...we have some exciting things going on over her at our house! 
Post to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...