Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

#dwh2 : Lady Room Part 2

In my last post I shared the beginning stages of the Lady Room at #dwh2.  I've now been back into the space for about 2 weeks and love the way painting it and taking out the carpet has changed the feel of the space. It's really something what that can do. The room felt really boxed in with the carpet. Make the ceiling feel lower and the room feel smaller. I've never really lived in a space with carpet. Out of all the rooms at my family's home the only room with carpet is the den and at that it opens up to two other rooms so it doesn't make it feel as small. This room...it made it feel small. Not so good.
So, out the carpet came.

Here is the room after the carpet came out and we had the white concrete stain on the floor. Geoff is putting on the coat in this photo. As I shared in the last post, I thought about keeping the pink walls (for a single moment) but remembered my original vision of white/white/white (walls/ceiling/floor). 


 
The next point of consideration...the gallery wall. 
I really liked having all of these photos hanging because in truth I really do like to look at them everyday. They are important photos from our lives. I had a couple of pieces (bottom row) that were place holders for other pieces that never were hung. So alas there were going to be a few holes. 
So...they all came down when the painter came. He filled the holes and I'm moving on. 

Another point of consideration when painting is the trim. We don't have crown molding throughout the house because it is mid - century and obviously that isn't part of the deal.  It has been added in this room and in Tongta's bedroom. Taking it out wasn't really the thing to do so the crown molding and all of the trim got painted the same color as the walls (high gloss white). My goodness it made a difference. Don't forget the trim folks, it will totally change the look of your room!

 Handsome was oh-so curious about this project. 
A lot of things to smell and inspect.

Here is a glimpse of what the room looked like when all the furniture went back in. 
I'm always in suspense looking at other blogs what the finished project looked like. 
(So, here it is in advance!)



These photos are from two weeks ago, so a few more things have found their way into the space. 
Also, I'm experimenting with painting the doors black. I've painted a few of them to see if it looks good. After we finish with painting projects, new doors and hardware throughout the house are next. So for now, these doors are serving as research.  So far...the result is very positive. 

In the next post....More on the concrete staining process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...