Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Where have you been?

Where in the world have you been young lady? 
Sorry...I've been a bit tied up lately. Per usual. 
Here is one of my sporadic blog posts to show you what I've been up to. 
I've been spending my time on campus - obviously - as I'm a doctoral student
BUT - BUT - BUT
 I'm also working on campus in the Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music. 
(the building on the left in the picture below)







I've been doing some temp work in the music school at University of Memphis for the past few weeks. It has been nice to return to the habitat of "my kind"...I will say the smell of a music building (at least the ones I've been in) smell like music buildings, rather than science buildings...there's something about that smell that throws me back to Murphy Hall at my undergrad and summers of music camp, etc.  That smell, the same nostalgic smell is what I'm experiencing every day at work. And perhaps it isn't at all that it smells like a "music building" it is just a cognitive reminder of happy things in the past. Regardless of any notion - it is good to be "home" in a place where the sounds (and smells) are familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...