Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring "cleaning"


Well...I'm not into cleaning.  But I am very interested in moving furniture around. So instead of cleaning...I'm participating in "spring moving 2012" (within my house).

When I buy furniture, if I can't put it in at least 2 spaces...I don't buy it.  What this means is a lot of my furniture matches, is within the same color palate and is also within the same size range.

Case in point...this buffet.  As of today, this 3 piece has been in 3 different parts in my house.
This spot (pictured below) is the 2nd place. Prior it was in our dining room.  The truth is, it's actually a little bit on the large side to sit in the hallway.  It works, but the center piece sticks out just a little further than is easy for a passer by.




What did do?  Here is the new set up. 

The moral of this story is that I figured out that I like having
 something in the hallway to set my purse and keys on.  
And the hallway is just long enough that I think it breaks up the long space.

Question: Where did the 3 piece buffet go? 
Answer: The Sun room

In order to move the buffet in...
I had to move some other things around to clear the way. 
The blue velvet sofa just moved to the other side of the room. 
The white chairs on the left are now on the right.


Pause for a break. Or as Handsome says...
"PAWS" for a break. 
I got the two side pieces in easily. 
The had a rest.




The center piece was a little bit more cumbersome.
Insert one of my hide rugs and away we go. 


There.  They're all in place.


Now it's time to play with my toys. 
As of today, things are in a bit of a standstill...
I was tired....and stopped for the evening.
I'm still playing. 
More on the "spring move 2012" later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...